Monday, February 04, 2008

meaningful moments

Below is a snipit from an IM convo I had with one of my teens (a boy about 15) tonight. THIS is why I do what I do. THIS is why I love it.

Anna says:
you might be surprised how much time i spend thinkin and wondering about "my" teens
(teen) says:
...that's a first time anyone's ever done that to me.
Anna says:
wait...done what to you?
(teen) says:
Cared.
(teen) says:
Well...the first time someone's cared and I actually felt secure enough to talk to them.
Anna says:
...well...
Anna says:
i do care. alot
(teen) says:
Thanks.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

hooray that you were able to help out a distressed teen in need!

miss gates said...

oh anna, you're so awesome!!

Librariane said...

Nice story Anna, so many adolescents feel a negative response only from the adult world around them. Keep up the good work!